I’ve been feeling morally conflicted lately and I’m glad Hoan will sit and talk to me about it.
- Guy: What's the TARDIS?
- Girl: I don't know, it's some blue box.
- Guy: Like the phone booth?
- Girl: Yeah, the blue box thing where people can go in and dial random numbers to travel through time in Doctor Who.
- Guy: Are you sure? You should like you're making shit up.
- Girl: Why, who cares?
- Guy: I don't want people giving me shit for not knowing crap about the TARDIS.
- My family is hardly picture-perfect, but whose family is? I’m grateful that we’ve stuck by each other and I wouldn’t be where I am today if it weren’t for them. No literally, I would still be in the Philippines.
- This past year especially, I realized how important it is to surround myself with people who make me want to better myself, people who reciprocate the kind of positivity I try to portray. I always want to take something away from every human interaction, some optimistic note or hidden moral. And regardless of how deep some of these new relationships will become, I’ll always be quite fond of the folks I’ve met and the way they’ve made me feel.
- There’s so much free information available nowadays, and I’ve never fully appreciated this until recently. There’s no excuse to stop learning. And why would you want to stop when almost everything you want to know is just a few clicks away?
- After the earthquake and the typhoon in the Philippines, I’m just thankful no one in my family was harmed. Full recovery is still a distant goal, but at least for now, I’ll rest a bit easier.
- Switching jobs was probably the best thing I could have done for myself. The kind of freedom it’s allowed me has been invaluable and the company culture has influenced me in so many ways. I feel quite lucky to have found them, and the best part is that I know the feeling’s mutual.
- Shout-out to Hoan for making me smoothies and taking me rock-climbing.
Short term goals
- Take more pictures
- Use my stand mixer before the months ends
- Re-do & re-stock Etsy Store
- Get my bike fixed & ride it more
- Finish this informal, online class
Anonymous asked: Did you move to San Fran????
Not yet, but that’s the plan! Eventually, anyway.
Another SF recap
- The boys moved into the new house a few weeks ago and it’s such an upgrade! So much natural light (despite how gloomy I thought it’d be), a fantastic view (we’re on top of a hill), gas stove (yes!), wood floors (downstairs, at least), and a washer/dryer that came with the house (meaning I don’t have to lug my hamper to the laundromat).
- We had a house-warming party that was deemed a huge success, meaning we got a noise complaint! My first one! And the police even paid us a visit. To be completely honest, we really weren’t very loud and it was not yet 11PM on a Saturday night when they dropped by. I think our neighbor was just miffed he wasn’t invited. Oops.
- I realized that I have a lot of friends in Austin (just acknowledged this fact 6 months ago when I cried at my birthday party… I’m a wimp) and I’m beginning to wonder how I’ll make friends in San Francisco. I know I can go to Meet-Ups and whatnot, but I’ve always made friends organically or through friends of friends. The latter situation might only apply to the girls my roommates date and… that’s definitely not ideal.
- Still trying to warm up to the BART & Muni. While San Francisco’s public transit is definitely a step up from Austin’s current situation, the 45-minute commute downtown in the mornings is still kind of a pain. I know there are other options (like Lyft, etc.), but I’ll be so glad to have my car over there to help offset the commute times. And I guess it’ll be as good a time as any to start riding my bike. And I guess I’ll be working from home anyway so… never mind, forget everything I just said.
- I love Uniqlo.
- Halloween was interesting. Polk Street is interesting. Riding the Muni downtown was interesting. Halloween was interesting.
- Running in SF is a different beast. I’m prepping for a “race” in July (hopefully) and while I know the route will be gorgeous, those hills… those hills are killer, man. My legs were soo mad at me.
- My first time at Tartine was so mediocre. However, Kingdom of Dumpling was as tasty as ever.
Man. My biggest problem lately has been figuring out how I want to cut my hair. If this is my only worry, then… I guess life’s been pretty good!
Been wishin’ that I kept a journal on me lately.